Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks

I decided not to travel this weekend and give the local singletrack some overdue attention. I think it had been a month since I had been to Landahl. All summer long I pretty much was making it once a week, but with cross dominating my days off I had not driven over lately. Saturday morning was a meeting of the minds at Landahl. I was fixed and just ready to drill myself, that plan pretty much worked out. Multiple laps of 10 and 11 drove the nail into the coffin. When I got home I ate and fell asleep.

Sunday was a spectacular Fall day, the kind that make you love living in the Midwest. Amber and I spent the day at Swope, we broke up rock that we are spreading in the opening switchbacks of the trail to help make it a little more all conditions. Then I rode several laps, hopping in with all the people that were dropping by. We estimated that 30 people were on the trail between 8:00 and 3:00. Pretty amazing for a 1.5 mile trail that has only been open a week. I did not talk to one person that wasn't raving.

I think I have rode over two weeks without missing a day. The rain has been holding off and you gotta get while the gettin's good.

No comments: