Saturday, February 2, 2008

Heating Up

Here is Mark, my OP teamate, killing the mini bike crit



My first events of the season are quickly approaching and my training is where I want it to be. It feels good going into this new year on track and really excited to race. My buddy Jim Cummings and I have knocked out epic rides the last three weekends, and I know that will help me turn some fast laps down at Old Pueblo in a couple of weeks. I am racing with some buddies from Sierra Vista, AZ. Last year they got 2nd in the singlespeed class, we got our hands full with the team that won it, but I hope to do some damage.




24 hours in the Old Pueblo is one of my favorite events, and this will be the 4th year I have raced there. Tucson in Febuary, blazin fast singletrack, and good friends I do not see near enough of, are a recipe for a mindblowing trip. 32x14 will be the gear of choice this year. The laps are 18.5 miles long, and my fastest lap there was two years ago when I turned a 57 minute lap. I got clipped on the hot lap by like 15 seconds. Hopefully I can rectify that situation.

4 comments:

Endurosnob said...

Kill it, Cam.

Cornbread said...

Good luck and have fun! Take some pics too if you have a chance.

Cameron C. said...

I am going to go picture crazy. The landscapre down there is about my favorite on earth. At night all the crazy cactus look like an army of foot soliders doing battle.

Cornbread said...

I've heard nothing but good things about the riding there. It's quite a haul from Lincoln, but I need to nut up and commit. Maybe next year. Skip?

Rip it up dude! Make us Midwesterns proud! :)