Monday, March 2, 2009

weekend report

Snow instead of a race. Saturday morning I was planning on doing the the first Spring Fling Crit, but a fresh few inches of white canceled that. I still managed to get some super quality riding and running in, so I felt good about the weekend.

It won't be long now. Warm months are coming and a few promising days this week. Soon Tuesday night crits will begin, and then Thursday night short track MTB racing. Life will accelerate once more and hopefully I will be ready to accelerate my rear wheel. One fun thing that will be new for me this year is a Monday night beginner/recovery ride out of Spin! Pizza. We will be starting rides in May, and if you are interested it is going to be a great ride to help new cyclists learn to ride in a group on the road and spin your legs easy after a weekend of crushing. Triple bonus is you will get 10% off their delicious pizza if you show for the ride. I will post more details as we get closer.

Racing should begin in earnest next weekend, so I will look for you there.

One of the most entertaining riders to watch is keeping busy so far this season. Sprinting along side Cavendish, even taking a win in Qatar, and winning early classics, it appears Tom Boonen is on Super Man form. Paris Roubaix should be a blast to watch.

No comments: