Wednesday, March 12, 2008

climbing

Alright I think I am getting on top of this. I am not hacking quite as bad as days past and slept pretty good the last few nights. I made the stupid decision to go try and race at Clinton, I just am a sucker for a start line. I must have been dehydrated pretty bad from being sick because after only 15 minutes or so of racing both my calves cramped up. For a couple of minutes it looked like mice were running around inside my calves. So I left and went back to building bikes at the shop.

Yesterday Scooter and I rode on the road for close to 3 hours and although I did not feel good I could tell my legs are coming around. The weather is warming up and we are climbing up and out of Winter...hopefully.

My schedule is fixing on getting a lot busier in the coming weeks. Not only are things at the shop starting top pick up, I picked up a couple of side jobs that will keep me moving. For one I am going to be teaching a few spin classes a week at the Health Club next door to where we live. I have helped with a few already and I enjoy it quite a bit. I have to go through the Spinning certification program which wonderfully enough is the day before Ouachita, but then I will be ready to teach away. The second thing is, hopefully, driving the new pedi-cabs downtown zipping people around during big events, back and forth. I am totally stoked about doing that, and Jason Gakowski was kind enough to put in a good word for me with the people he knew starting the company and apparently they had several names of interested riders and they called me first yesterday. It might be a little unorthodox but it still getting paid to ride.

3 comments:

Toby Porter said...

Good to hear man

Spin classes, I taught a 6am class two days a weeks for over 2 years. Fun stuff, but those rooms get made hot after 40min of riding in the summer. Get a mop!

Shane A. Jones said...

Sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire! We raised some money for the trails down at Minor park last weekend at our trail race! Good luck at your upcoming events. I put those pics from the cross nats on a CD for you, but I haven't seen you in awhile. I'll try to get by the shop soon. Later.
P.S. You gonna do any ridin at Shawnee Mission when the mud dries up?

bobby said...

hey cameron, it was great meeting you the other night and thanks so much for the hospitality and offering us a place to stay. even though we didn't need it, that was really cool of you and amber. sorry if i talked too much the other night too...its just awesome to meet new people, especially ones that are interested in the same things you are you know? i just read your blog from the ol pueblo race and man you should go into writing for bicycling or mountain biking magazine someday for sure man. hope to see you at some races this year man, have a good weekend.